Thursday, November 04, 2010

I Can't Get No

I'm taking a bit of a break. I am still behind on my word count, but I've written three thousand words today alone! I'm a little burned out. I've got to finish my reader responses, and also write a short essay on Midsummer's Night Dream (which I still haven't read). My paper for Anthropology is due on Tuesday and I've found only one source.

But the important thing is that I'm only a thousand words behind. Well, behind the conventional count. I actually need to do 2,000 words a day (that way I can take 5 days off--like this weekend for the big Engagement Extravaganza for my eldest sister). So technically I'm 2,400 words behind, which is a day if you can't count. If I don't get them done tonight, I'll need 5 thousand words tomorrow.

Let's not be silly.

I'm at 5,607 right now, and I need to have 10,000 by Saturday morning. Oi. So if I do 2,500 tonight and 2,500 tomorrow, I'm golden.

I guess now is the time to go back to writing. It's going relatively well. The plot is flowing well, although some (most) of the sentences individually embarrass the hell out of me. Thinking about using the first scene as my Rough Draft tomorrow. That would require reading it, which I am loathe to do. And since I have a 100%, I could not even do the assignment and still get an A. So I'll probably B.S. it. The truth is I'm sad I'm not learning anything, but I accept that that is just something that will happen sometimes, and I'm thankful for the much-needed padding to my G.P.A.

Ugh. The distractions! Back to the writing!

No comments: