Saturday, January 01, 2011

A Lofty Goal

On the heels of NaNoWriMo, what I find myself missing the most is writing every day. This is a habit I want to be in, so as one of my resolutions (oy, don’t mention it, I already know I am taking on too much) I am committing myself to writing 100 words a day. I don’t think this is too much of a challenge, as there is a variety of ways I can put this writing to good use. I am going to count blogging, doing homework, and revisions to my novel (when it increases my word count, of course). These are things I need to be doing daily anyway, so 100 words shouldn’t be an issue. Hell, I’ve written 100 already!

My other artistic project is a challenge from my friends’ mom, to take a new picture every day, and post it to Facebook. I’m obsessed with taking pictures of my dog so I’m totally going to do it and probably all the pictures will be of Tucker. He’s my one and only (shh, don’t tell Marcus!).

My last two resolutions (four…I KNOW I KNOW GEEZ!) are pretty standard: Eat Less, Exercise More. Part of what I need to do to achieve goals is see progress, so I’m going to try tracking these two goals in OneNote. We’ll see how long that lasts, and how well I do. If it isn’t too cold out, I will probably take Tucker out on a walk (and take a picture of him while on it!). If not…then Monday I join the gym. I really need to lose 2 dress sizes for this wedding…and for health, no really. If I could lose 2 pounds a week I could be at my goal weight by the end of the year. That’s really not all that much if you think about it. I’m not trying any fad diets or screwy meal plans. I’m gonna control my portion size and make healthier items (like Pot Roast with fat free gravy!).

This seems like a really early time to start blogging as my 100 words, but I feel like that’s a goal I’m gonna have to improvise over time, depending on where I am and what I’m doing. I am hoping to travel and spend more time with friends this year. If that’s what goes down…who knows what I’ll be writing, and when. Poetry, stories, blog entries, homework…anything goes.
Oh, 2011. I am ready for whatever you have to bring. So stoked for another great adventure.

No comments: