Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Long Road Ahead

I am still here!

Sort of.

Currently hard at work at a draft for Creative Writing on Friday. Trying to take my mind off Necessary Fiction and think about that, but I'm finding it difficult. I still have a few days, and I am off tomorrow, so I have plenty of time.

Necessary Fiction is the name of my NaNoWriMo project. I'm really excited about it, and trying not to over-think things. None of my plots are all that original, but lately I've been reading a lot of Kristan Higgans, who I love, but who uses some fairly obvious plots as well. Even though I know what will happen, I still enjoy the books because she makes you love the settings and she almost makes you feel like her FMC (that's NaNoWriMo for "Female Main Character") is your best friend. Besides, I am shooting for 50,000 words and that is all that matters. I can revise later, if I feel like it. 50,000 words. It's not that many, but I find the number intimidating. Just big enough to be an accomplishment AND realistic.

Assuming, of course, I can get my two Anthropology Papers done this week. Both are due in November but I don't want to waste precious writing time. Maybe I should hit the library this Thursday and crack them out quick. For my fellow Delta students, check out the Goleman Library. It is an amazing piece of College Architecture. Easy access to materials, desktops with built in power access for laptops, group study rooms. It's amazing!

I really should cut this here. Trying to get ahead of the Shakespeare reading game, again, so I have more time for NaNoWriMo. I mean, I have plenty of time, I just know how badly I spend it >.<. Oh well...November is less than a week away now, and ready or not, here I come!

1 comment:

June Skalisky Gillam said...

Exciting to hear you are in Nanowrimo! Write hard, and fast!