Friday, October 15, 2010

Reverse Reverse Psychology

"The glare of the computer screen cast a pale hue…

TERRIBLE.

Her palms were sweaty as her fingers flew from key to key…

Really? Sweaty palms?

It felt as though her eyes could spend no more than a moment…

I don’t even know where you are going with that."

-----

Those are the opening moments of my current work-in-progress. This is extremely rough, and I kind of hammered out the outline and idea on my phone during slow periods at work yesterday. I still don’t feel ready to post an entire thing, but this is what I have that I am confident of, and I promised myself I would post ORIGINAL fiction tonight by 10:00pm. I think it is important to keep that deadline, because I want to make posting original fiction by 10:00pm every Friday a regular thing, even beyond the submission of this mid-term project.

So far I am off to a not-so-bad start. I’m setting a not-so-formal goal of posting something else from this story by the end of the weekend. Hopefully, for the sake of my sanity (and my grade) I can keep this commitment too. The subject of the story is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek attempt to defeat this Writer’s Block.

Anyone want to take bets?

No comments: